We are pleased to feature Michelle Armstrong, owner of Armstrong Home Staging & Design!
- Your name: Michele Armstrong
- Business name: Armstrong Home Staging & Design
- How long you have been in business? Became an ASP and started my staging business this year!
- What you did before getting into the Staging Industry? Retail Operations Director for Fashion Brands.
- What made you decide to start a Staging business? It was all timing! The retail industry has been on a steady decline and I have always loved interior design, as my grandparents were “flippers” in the 40’s & 50’s, restoring early California Spanish-style homes with excellent craftsmanship and beautiful finishes… it’s in the genes. I wanted to get accredited and a Realtor friend spoke very highly about Barb and the ASP course.
- What has been one of the biggest challenges for your success? The start-up process, trying to quickly learn from tenured staging professionals on the in’s & outs.
- What has been one of the best aspects of having your own business? For the first time in 25 years, my schedule is my own!
- What is your top tip or piece of advice for someone looking at getting into this industry? Find what makes you unique, whether it be a style-aspect such as “clean minimalist”, or excellent customer service and project management skills. This will help to set you apart from the staging pro competition if you are in a saturated area. Also, stay current with current decor trends colors… Less is always more!
Thank you, Michelle, for sharing with our members! I appreciate that you recommend developing a unique differentiating factor for business as that is what sets us apart from others! Great info – and we value having you as part of our IAHSP Association!